Description of new version SP LIRA 10.6
- Calculation processor
- Pushover Analysis
- Single node finite element - pile (FE 57)
- Determination of elastic-geometrical characteristics of composite bar`s cross section
- Steady-state problem of thermal conductivity
- RC constructions
- Steel constructions
- Soil editor
- Documenting system
- Integration of SP LIRA 10.6 with other CAE/CAD systems
Calculation processor solves problems of continuum mechanics by means of finite elements method, including:
- Linear static problems;
- Determination of frequency and forms of self-oscillation;
- Linear elastic sway stability of undeformed model;
- Nonlinear static problems (constructive, physical, geometrical);
- Geometrically nonlinear problems after buckling failure;
- Modeling of assembling process (genetic nonlinearity);
- Forth integration of equations of moving for linear and nonlinear problems;
- Design of influence line influence surface from vehicular live loads;
- Nonlinear static analysis (Pushover Analysis);
- Determination of elastic-geometrical characteristics of composite bar`s cross section;
- Steady-state problem of thermal conductivity.
Implemented in calculation processor high-performance algorithms:
- Renumbering of unknown terms;
- Generation, decomposition and solving equation system;
- Determining eigen values and eigen vectors matrix pencil
Determination of elastic-geometrical characteristics of cross sectionUniform computational and graphical system allows to calculate elastic-geometrical characteristics of composite bar`s cross section and analyze stresses from acting forces, including normal stresses from bimoment.
Steady-state heat conduction problemImplemented steady-state heat conduction problem allows to determine distribution of heat fields for user-defined constructions with further determination of stress-deformed state.
Nonlinear static analysis (Pushover Analysis) is a part of characteristic method of seismic constructions and buildings design (Performance-Based Seismic Design). The main parameters in performance-based design are "requirements" and "bearing capacity". "Requirement" displays seismic oscillation of soil, "bearing capacity" - ability to resist "seismic requirement". In order to satisfy goal of design, construction should have bearing capacity to resist "seismic requirements".
Nonlinear static analysis is modern tool for estimation of bearing capacity of construction and analysis of seismic resistance of already existing building.
During nonlinear static analysis, construction is exposed by dead load and monotonically increasing influence, which is assigned as a inertial loading distribution by definitory oscillation form and represent equal seismic influence.
During static nonlinear procedure multi-mass design model (MDM) transforms into equivalent single-mass system in order to simplify calculation and make it comfortable.
Usage of single-mass system allows to evade necessity to execute nonlinear dynamic calculation of multi-mass design model.
Result of analysis is bending capacity spectrum, which provides important information about general durability and deformability of construction. Usage of bearing capacity spectrum allows to calculate inelastic displacement of single-mass model - goal displacement, which corresponds to seismic influence, expressed in terms of "seismic requirement". After calculation of equivalent single-mass system proceed reversion to multi-mass system with calculation of every necessary displacements and analysis bending capacity of construction`s elements.
Applying nonlinear static method in order to estimate building`s behavior under seismic influence is specified by European standard EN 1998-1:2004, which is implemented by requirements of European Union DSTU-N B EN 1998-1:2010, building code DBN В.1.1-12:2014 and by standard of organization STO MGSU.
Single node finite element - pile (FE 57)
In SP LIRA was added single node finite element of elastic restraint "Pile" (FE 57), which simulates behavior of beam construction on elastic foundation factoring in adjacent soil layers. FE 57 is equal to FE 56 and implements integration with "Soil" editor and "Calculation of stiffness of single pile" tool. Given element allows to significantly simplify modeling process of design models of foundations based on soil model, as linearly elastic environment. Its stiffness can be assigned numerically as well as can be determined automatically depending on geologic conditions, assigned pile`s parameters and also their location in design model.
Automatic stiffness calculation implemented for shaft bearing pile, which have round and rectangular cross section with or without broadening. Program automatically executes calculation of stiffness according to building code requirements BR 24.13330.2011 «Pile foundations» and selected pile foundation model:
- Single pile – calculation is executed in dialog window - «Calculation of stiffness of single pile» and "Soil" editor;
- Pile group – calculation is executed in "Soil" editor according to methodology, that factors in mutual influence of piles in group;
- Artificial foundation on natural foundation – calculation is executed in "Soil" editor.
For created pile groups and artificial foundations implemented algorithm, which factors in mutual influence.
Results are represented as settlement mosaic and obtained stiffness. In order to define vertical stiffness of pile more correctly implemented iterative process.
Determination of elastic-geometrical characteristics of composite bar`s cross section
Implemented in SP LIRA 10.6 problem type "Determination of elastic-geometrical characteristics of composite bar`s cross section" allows to describe user-defined cross sections using material`s library and calculate all necessary elastic, inertial and reduced characteristics. Such cross section can be assigned to beam elements of design model with capability of stress distribution over cross section analysis. For concrete cross section implemented capability of proportioning or checking reinforcement.
Calculation implementationCalculation is executed by means of finite elements method. For modeling:
- Thin-walled fragment of cross section is used binodal finite element;
- Solid fragments of cross section 3-, 4-, 6-, 8-, nodal finite elements.
Further characteristics are calculated:
- Elastic and geometric characteristics of cross sections in axis systems:
- additional (central parallel to global);
- principal central;
- Plastic properties;
- Torsional properties;
- Shear properties;
- Stiffness properties of cross section on principal central coordinate system;
- Mass-inertia properties;
- Effective properties of material.
Steady-state heat conductivity problem
New problem type allows to calculate temperature field in constructions that have user-defined geometry with further determination stress-deformed state from influence of calculated temperature. Also, buckling failure and geometry of construction changes can be factored in calculation process.
In order to implement heat conductivity problem in SP LIRA 10.6 such innovation were added:
- Added thermo physical properties of materials;
- Materials library was refilled with materials of surface heat exchange;
- Added new finite elements of steady-state heat conductivity problem and surface heat exchange;
- Created new types of loading states in loading state library: "Temperature field calculation"; "stage of nonlinear loading with temperature field calculation"; "Stage of the structure erection with temperature field calculation";
- Added new types of loads: present nodal temperature and concentrated heat flow; concentrated, uniformly and non-uniformly distributed heat flux in elements; ambient temperature.
New finite elements allow to model reciprocal heat action of construction and ambient, new types of loads - to model different types of heat influence.
Given innovations permit modeling of different situations construction`s behavior (from simple heating to convection) in two-dimensional as well as three-dimensional design.
As a result of calculation it is possible to analyze heat distribution over construction as well as displacements and stresses.
SP LIRA provides wide capabilities of RC constructions design according to building codes:
- DBN V 2.6-98:2009 (DSTU B V.2.6-156:2010, DSTU N B V.2.6-185:2012);
- Eurocode EN 1992-1-1:2004 (which includes national additions for Republic of Belarus and Kazakstan);
- ACI 318-11;
- SNiP 2.03.01-84;
- SP 63-13330-2012 (SNiP 52-01-2003).
For all listed building codes implemented requirements of elements calculation and added relevant materials to data base. Custom user materials can be easily added to a program by means of "Material data base editor".
User-defined cross section
"User-defined cross section" permits assignment of user-defined reinforcement location pattern with necessary limits and base characteristics for each reinforcement unit.
Elements can be calculated in baseline minimum reinforcement proportioning mode as well as in checking of assigned reinforcement. As a result of checking coefficients of use are determined. Calculation results are represented as tables, diagrams for bars and mosaics for plates. For detailed analysis of initial data in specified element "Local mode" is provided.
Punching of RC elements
Calculation of punching can be executed for flat slabs and foundation slabs. For nodes, which are calculated, it is possible to assign capital and relief forces, punching contour is generated automatically or can be created manually.
Bearing capacity surface
Bearing capacity surface can be constructed for every bar that has RC cross section assigned, for ULS and SLS.
SP LIRA can execute calculations of steel constructions according to ultimate limit state and serviceability limit state and actual building codes:
- DBN V.2.6-198:2014;
- SP 16.13339.2011;
- SNiP II-23-81*.
Steel construction calculations can be executed in proportioning and checking modes. Herewith strength calculations are performed with or without factoring in plastic collapse; pursuant to overall stability of different types (flexural, flexural-torsional); local stability; deflections and displacements; slenderness ratio.
By interrelation of acting forces, type of stress-deformed state is automatically determined as well as required for this case checkings.
Types of cross sections available for calculation:
- Single rolled;
- Braided rope.
Provided capability of creation user-defined gauges of cross sections and steels, based on already existing or created earlier gauges. After assignment of steel grade, rolling type is defined automatically depending profile type.
Calculation result are represented as tables, mosaics and diagrams. For specified element exists capability of generating report with formulas, sunstituted values and links to relevant item of building code. Report permits to control obtained results.
Top-priority task of "Soil" editor is automatic determination of varying across foundation slab area coefficients of elastic foundation.
Settlements are calculated according to model of linear elastic half-space and factoring in following requirements:
- DBN V.2.1-10:2009;
- SNiP 2.02.01-83*;
- SP 50-101-2004;
- SP 22.13330.2011.
Initial data can be controlled by geological profile, which can be created in any place of soil mass.
Three-dimensional model of soil
According to assigned geological conditions and physical and mechanical properties creation of three-dimensional model of soil is executed. On base of this model it is possible to generate soil mass into finite element model. Herewith material to each finite element is being assigned. Such model can be used for more accurate calculation of system "foundation construction", factoring in nonlinear structure of soil.
During calculation such parameters are determined:
- Diagrams of vertical stresses;
- Depth of compressed section;
- Settlement of foundation on elastic footing;
- Coefficients of elastic footing;
- Varieties of settlements.
Values of elastic footing coefficients are automatically transferred into design model for further construction calculation mutually with soil footing. In order to define more correctly pressure under foundation slab, iteration process can be used.
Documenting system permits such capabilities:
- Analysis of calculation results (tables with capability of selection and indication on model, diagrams and images of constriction fragments in required resolution);
- Automatic generation of complex report, which is based on table of content formed by user and filled with data from previously obtained tables, images and text fragments.
Created complex report can be saved in all widely-spread formats, such as: MS Word, MS Excel, HTML, MS Power Point.
Dynamically updated images
Dynamically updated images are innovation of SP LIRA 10.6, that were implemented in order to simplify, accelerate and make more comfortable process of report creation.
During copying of images of design model, not only graphic file is saved, but also all required setting of window and information about current design model state, which will allow to update content of graphic file after editing of a model.
Other advantage of dynamically updated images is an opportunity to turn back to represented on image fragment of model at any time, herewith camera will be set to relevant location and required visualization attributes will be initialized, that set at the moment of image capturing.
Dynamically updated images save dozens of time, that could be spent to fragmentize and set up visualization attributes of design model in order to recapture image.
Integration of SP LIRA 10.6 with other CAD/CAE and documenting systems
One of the most important function of SP LIRA 10.6 is data exchange with other programs.
SP LIRA 10.6 allows to import and export initial date and calculation results into widely-spread formats such as: *.msh; *.stl; *stlA; *stlB; *.obj; *.mesh; *.off; *.poly; *.dxf; *.igs; *.iges; *.3ds; *.neu; *.byu; *.ifc; *.docx; *.xlsx; *.bmp; *.gif; *.png; *.tiff; *.jpeg; *.html; *.pptx; *.avi.
Revit and SP LIRA 10.6
Integration of SP LIRA and Revit is implemented on level of architecture as well as analytical model models.
Architecture model is exported into SP LIRA 10.6 using neutral format IFC.
Data transferring from analytical model is performed by means of special plugin, which integrates into Revit. This permits to transfer not only geometry of model, but also cross sections, materials, hinges, reinforcement and update model`s geometry.
Implementation in SP LIRA loads, that are not bound to finite elements grid allows to extend loadings import capabilities from REVIT 2016-2017.
Tekla Structures and SP LIRA 10.6
In SP LIRA 10.6 was implemented integration with Tekla Structures 21:
- Through IFC format;
- By means of special plugin.
Implementation of architecture elements in SP LIRA 10.6 let to save high degree of identity after import from Tekla Structures. Analytical model is imported as architecture elements with option of further editing and triangulation into finite elements. SP LIRA 10.6 has fully-featured integration with Tekla Structures: from consistent model geometry, cross sections, design elements, boundary conditions, hinges, loads and their combinations are transferred.