Multifunctional system for analysis and design of constructional and mechanical structures of different applications
SP LIRA 10.0 is a new generation software created by LIRA previous versions developers but with the application of modern programming methods and technologies - .NET Framework. Software is implemented for processors based on x86 and x64 architectures (in x64-bit version restrictions for size of created problem is lifted).
SP LIRA 10.0 innovations
- Powerful computational processor that allows to perform calculations virtually of any complexity without restriction by amount of nodes and finite elements.
- User-friendly, multifunctional and customizable interface. Pre-processor core of SP LIRA haven't evolved in more than 10 years and that's why new pre-processor of SP LIRA contains up to date visual technologies which are using all computer capabilities and allows efficient handling of objects.
- Computational processor now allows to solve nonlinear problem in direct formulation during various stages of assembly/disassembly of the structure (nonlinearity, Dynamics+, Assemblage)
- It's became possible to perform analysis based on earthquake seismogram which is apllied to structure's foundation as boundary conditions. Compared to analysis based on accelerograms this problem formulation allows to factor in wave propagation velocity in structure (bullwhip effect).
- Steel structures design system is modified in a big way and now allows to display not only analysis results for every element but also all intermidiate calculations, formulas, values and estimations.
- Applying shells with six degrees of freedom now allows adequate valuation of torsional forces transfer if shell-bar joints are used.
- SP LIRA 10 contains all design modules of LIRA family, more precisely reinforcement design, steel structures design based on ULS and SLS and cross sections design. Given technology allows to save your time on transition between systems and appears to be more intuitive from the perspective of performing calculation and analysis.
- Operations with primitives, such as trusses, plain and three dimensional figures, are improved. The new system for trusses design based on patterns has been created.
- Copying and moving operations are improved by virue of two new functions: object positioning and preview. These functions drastically improve clarity and expand user capabilities when it comes to design model creation.
- Bar of variable cross section as well as consideration of sectorial moment of inertia were implemented.
Data setting and correction
Graphic interface of Software Package LIRA includes cream of the crop developments for Windows with dozens of innovations. Performance during operations with large scale design models is drastically improved and greater user comfort is assured.
Approach of desing model assembly from fragments which is realized in pre-processor allows to create design model even with complicated structure and in this case previously created and saved in file models may appear as fragments. Grids, building grid lines, capture points and great amount of editing options such as copying, moving, rotation, scaling, fragment import from various prototypes of the structures and extensive list of formats as well as splitting, intersecting - all of that simplifies creation of the design model.
Pre-processor of initial data preparation includes five editors:
- design model editor;
- cross section editor;
- materials editor;
- loadings editor;
- structural design criteria editor.
In LIRA 10.0 stiffness properties are divided into two concepts: "cross sections" and "materials".
Design of reinforced concrete and steel structures
Design systems allow to design steel and reinforced concrete structures. They can operate in the check mode of assigned cross sections aw well as in the proportioning mode of required section for steel elements and required area of reinforcement for RC elements.
Design systems proportioning results are represented as tables, mosaics and diagrams. In unorthodox cases calculation report for particular element may be obtained symbolically along with substituted values which allows to cross-check obtained results.
Analysis of calculation results and design systems proportioning results
Graphic post-processor allows to perform complete analysis of calculation results, including deformed model display, mosaics, stress and displacement isolines and isofields, internal forces diagrams, principal modes as well as buckling modes for the whole model and any fragment of it/
Any figure or table can be saved as image file, printed out or put into report. Results are given simultaneously as tables, graphs and figures on the screen.
Continuum mechanics problem solving using finite element method
Optimization methods that are implemented in the processor allow to considerably reduce solution time for large-sized problems. Processor has advanced system of input data control and error diagnosis. Calculation modes allows to solve problem in general and perform recalculation with modified input data.
Besides that, processor's advantages are high speed of large scaled problems solution and virtually no limits in regards to problem size.
Documentation of input data, calculation results and design systems proportioning results.
Documentation system is a complete template collection with typical features and inserted advises regarding document filling that are put in hierarchical order.
Documantation system was created for calculation results analysis (tables with highlighting and on-scheme indication capabilities, histograms and high-resolution pictures of stucture fragments) as well as for generation of walk-through report with user shaped contents and filled by table data, pictures and text notes.